Laser & Light Based Treatments
Fraxel® Laser Treatment
Fraxel® laser systems use fractional-resurfacing technology, in which only a fraction of an area of skin receives laser light, to significantly improve skin texture and remove pigmentation. The energy from Fraxel laser systems stimulates skin's collagen, and rejuvenates skin cells below the skin's surface, helping to smooth out the creases that cause wrinkling and scarring.
Fraxel laser treatment is used for:
- Improving skin's texture and tone
- Shrinking the size of pores
- Erasing age spots/brown spots
- Smoothing wrinkles around the eyes
- Smoothing acne scars
- Rejuvenating skin on the neck, chest and hands
Fraxel laser treatment uses fractional resurfacing, in which the laser treats only a small fraction of skin at a given time. The laser light reaches the innermost layers of skin, and stimulates collagen growth while leaving surrounding skin unaffected. The healthy cells in the untreated areas promote rapid healing of the entire area, resulting in faster recovery time and minimal side effects.
Sublative™ Laser Treatment
RF energy is precisely directed to the skin in the form of a matrix. Healthy skin around the dots accelerates the healing process of the skin. Post treatment, new collagen and healthy skin cells are produced. Mild to moderate wrinkles and superficial skin discolorations are reduced. The texture of your skin becomes more smooth and elastic.
This technology has been shown to effectively treat mild to moderate wrinkles, red and brown spots, and textural irregularities. This is truly the next generation of safe and effective rejuvenation technology.
The ergonomic applicator delivers bipolar radio frequency energy via a matrix of 64 electrodes in the disposable applicator tip. The RF energy generates deep dermal heating in the region of the electrode matrix to induce skin injury, thus eliciting a wound healing response. Less affected tissue around the matrix points may be stimulated by the heat, helping to accelerate the healing process—and leading to the appearance of tighter, rejuvenated skin.
LightSheer™ Hair Removal
Made by Lumenis™, the same company that pioneered Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology, the LightSheer™ Desire laser is considered the industry gold standard in achieving permanent hair reduction. The LightSheer laser works on a range of hair colors and all skin types, including tanned skin, and has been proven to improve the appearance of razor bumps, benign pigmented lesions, sun damage and superficial leg veins in addition to removing hair. An innovative cooling device on the end of the laser wand soothes the skin after each pulse of light, ensuring that treatment is nearly pain-free.
Before your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated the day before your planned treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. No natural or artificial tanning (which includes tanning beds and spray tans) anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, toners or any irritating creams for one week prior.
- Do not apply any perfumes, deodorant or make-up to the desired area the day of your treatment.
After your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if underarm was treated.
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. Cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ jacuzzi for 3 days.
- If a crust develops, apply EltaMD Moisture Ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed.
- Contact our office if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock for the duration of your treatments.
Photofacial is a non-abrasive and non-invasive rejuvenation of your skin using the remarkable technology of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). IPL Photofacials can improve the signs of sun damage, rosacea and brown spots on the face, hands and body. It has also been used to reduce the appearance of mild acne scars, dark circles around the eyes and fine lines around the eyes and mouth.
The IPL Photofacial handpiece is gently pressed to the skin and painless pulses of light are emitted. Usually 4-6 treatment sessions lasting about 20 minutes each will provide you with beautiful results.
There is no recuperation time - with an IPL Photofacial you can return to work or resume your normal activities on the same day. You will notice a gradual, natural-looking improvement in your skin with time. IPL is a safe solution tailor-made to your skin type and condition.
BLU-U® Light Therapy
BLU-U® light therapy is a treatment for skin conditions that uses a photosensitizing drug and a light source to activate it. BLU-U light therapy effectively destroys the abnormal cells that cause actinic keratosis, a common pre-cancerous condition characterized by rough, scaly lesions that are caused by sun damage over time. During the procedure, a topical photo sensitizer called Levulan® is applied to the skin and left for an incubation period that varies depending on the extent of the actinic keratoses being treated. Levulan is made of aminolevulinic acid (ALA), a natural substance found in the body. After incubation, the Levulan is activated by exposure to the narrow-band blue light waves emitted by the BLU-U light source. Patients may experience sensations of warmth, tingling or burning during this part of the treatment. After light activation, the treated area is washed and patients can return home, and most return to work within one to two days after the procedure.